Thank you for your interest in joining the St. Margaret of Scotland community. All current openings for the parish and school are posted below.
Why St. Margaret's?
We believe that St. Margaret of Scotland is a unique experience, a cut above the rest when it comes to Catholic elementary schools and parishes in the St. Louis Archdiocese. So what are some of the things that make SMOS stand out? What do we offer in comparison to the rest?
- We are urban, inclusive, and STL City proud.
- Diversity is at our core – Equity influences everything we do.
- Social justice is woven into our entire mission.
- We are part of a vibrant, thriving, and resurgent St. Louis neighborhood (just come see how peaceful and beautiful our neighborhoods REALLY are!)
SCHOOL SPECIFIC QUALITIES
- We take pride in providing an innovative, cutting-edge academic experience for students and teachers alike.
- This is a place where you have the freedom to pursue your passion – in fact, it’s encouraged!
- You can build your future – many of our teacher begin their education career at SMOS because we offer a chance to learn, grow, and develop your career.
- All staff receive regular professional development to advance their knowledge.
Pursue Your Passion and Build Your Future – What Makes SMOS a Great Place to Be an Educator?
- Commitment of Parish, Parents, Community, and Admin to carry out the mission as an urban, diverse, and inclusive setting for ALL learners:
- No Place for Hate participating school
- Recipient of One Classroom grant (2023 – 24) school year
- Collaborations with SeedSTL & Greenhouse Venture & Tower Grove Park
- Service field trips to St. Louis Area Foodbank, Peter & Paul Community Center, Urban League Headstart, and Cornerstone Center for Early Childhood
- Abundant opportunities to develop professionally as a teacher:
- Science of Reading
- Mindfulness and SEL (Social Emotional Learning), taught in every classroom, and is woven through the teaching experience as well
- Understanding by Design curriculum building
- Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) and simulation training for meeting the needs of all learners
- Responsive Classroom training
- New opportunities coming to receive specific training on tools and technology in a STEAM Lab
- Support for teachers:
- Fully staffed dedicated Learning Lab and full time Learning Consultant (providing support and resources for all alternative learners)
- Weekly CareTEAM Meetings to support student progress
- Instructional coaching for Math teachers
- Full-time Coordinator of Religious Education with instructional support for all Religion teachers
- Part-time Coordinator of Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity with active parental involvement to support DEI projects and celebrations
- Flexible-scheduling for Teaching Assistants
- Reading Interventionist
- Full-time Specialty Teachers (art, music, PE, language, etc.)
- We have a robust PTA and parent community who continually offer support (financial and volunteer), as well as various year round perks (gifts, lunches, happy hours, etc.) to show their constant appreciation for the hard work our teachers do every day.
School Employment Benefits
- Part-time and flexible employment is available – just ask, and we’ll see what we can work out.
- All lead teachers receive free K-8 tuition for their dependent children at ANY Catholic school in the Archdiocese.
- An additional $2,000 bonus for all other Assistant Teachers and support staff with children attending SMOS.
- The possibility of making additional income by working in the City’s largest afterschool care program.
Aftercare is hiring for the 2023-2024 school year. Hours are 3-6pm and we are willing to work with your schedules. Employees must be 16-years old.
Middle School Science Teacher
St. Margaret of Scotland is seeking: Full Time – Middle School Science Teacher Middle School Science Teacher needed for the…
About Our Community
Leadership & Staff
Leadership & Staff
Have a question or comment about the St. Margaret of Scotland parish community? We’d love to hear from you!
Are you interested in joining our mission?