LIVING JUSTICE CORE COMMITTEE (est. 2017)
To be a vibrant voice for our parish and beyond as we work both as the core organizing committee and as independent committees who pray, speak, and act for justice for all human life as outlined by our Parish and Living Justice Ministries.
To develop a means of publishing and utilizing the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching as an essential guide to living the Gospel message in real time.
Opportunities for engagement include speakers, workshops, and other events; online engagement through Facebook and blogging; ecumenical activities with neighboring faith communities; calls for action on advocacy and legislative issues; and organized opportunities for direct volunteer service work. We partner with local and national organizations such as Metropolitan Congregations United (MCU), Winter Outreach, Habitat for Humanity, and Bread for the World.
The Teams of Living Justice Ministries
The SMOS Living Justice Ministries is made up of five distinct teams:
- Care For Creation (est. 2021)
- Gun Sense: For the Common Good (est. 2023)
- Immigration (est. 2019)
- Pride of St. Margaret (est. 2022)
- Racial Equity (est. 2019)
Get involved with the Living Justice Ministries
- The Core Team of Living Justice Ministries meets a few times a year. Join us! Contact Chairs for meeting times and locations.
- The Living Justice Ministries also operates the SMOS Advocacy Table after Masses. Click the link to learn more.
- Join our Facebook Group for all the latest news.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email list for information on upcoming events and advocacy alerts.