St. Margaret of Scotland students engage daily in those subject areas offered in all schools: language arts, math, science, and social studies. Additionally, the school has a vast number of enrichment and extracurricular activities that shape our student’s learning experiences. Perhaps most important, however, are the friendships, traditions, and faith that grow as a result of the St. Margaret of Scotland community.
- Our students have a vast array of fine art opportunities, from art and music classes, to Suzuki violin, to school musicals. There is something for every student and it is an important part of our student life.
- Mindfulness is taught bi-weekly by teachers certified in the practice and art of teaching mindfulness; it is practiced daily by all teachers and students.
- Spanish is taught from preschool through 5th grade and is a choice for students in middle school, as is Russian or French.
- The Teen Outreach Program (Wyman Foundation) is taught in our middle school emphasizing healthy lifestyles for teens and opportunities to learn from serving others.
- Technology is a tool used for engaging thinking and learning that advances with the students as they mature from preschool through 5th grade, until in middle school when the students and the laptops are 1 to 1.
- Our School Library operated by volunteers is a favorite among our students in preschool through 5th grade, with occasional visits even from among middle school.
- We believe children should be outside as much as possible, including daily recess, outdoor physical education, walking field trips, outside classrooms, and working in the Dragon’s Grove Garden.
- The vast array of extracurricular activities at St. Margaret include Athletics, Lego Robotics, Yearbook, Girls on the Run, Bellarmine Speech League, Boy and Girl Scouts, Choir, Student Ambassadors, The Greenhouse Venture, and more.