All Are Welcome
St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School admits students from diverse backgrounds, provided they meet the school’s qualifications. It is our intention to serve the parish families as a priority. Other qualifying students are invited if space is available. A carefully designed and frequently reviewed staffing plan is utilized to advise the pastor, principal, and school board.
To begin the admissions process, you can take one of the following steps:
- Attend the Open House held yearly on the last Sunday in January during Catholic Schools Week. This gives you a chance to fill out an application, tour the school, and meet key individuals at St. Margaret of Scotland.
- Call the school office at 314-776-7837 to speak with our Administrative Assistant, Christine Stephens, who oversees enrollment applications and can answer further questions.
St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School admits students from diverse backgrounds, provided they meet the school’s qualifications. It is our intention to serve the parish families as a priority. Other qualifying students are invited if there is space. A carefully designed and frequently used staffing plan is utilized to advise the pastor, the principal, and the school board.
- Students are admitted to St. Margaret of Scotland School without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin. All students have the same rights and privileges, and access to all programs and activities.
- Parents/guardians desiring to enroll their students at St. Margaret must understand and be willing to support the Mission and Statement of Beliefs for St. Margaret of Scotland School.
- The Pastor, in consultation with the principal, will admit students to the school with priority given to parishioners.
- A desire on the part of parents for a school where Catholic teaching and moral foundation are integral to the curriculum as well as a commitment by parents to participate in the spiritual, social, and financial life of the parish and school to create a strong and vibrant community.
- Registration at all grade levels is offered first to currently enrolled school families, including siblings not currently attending St. Margaret of Scotland School.
- Secondly, parish families are invited to apply to register their children not currently attending St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School.
- Finally, families outside the parish, Catholic and Non-Catholic are invited to apply to register their children.
- Open House on the last Sunday in January initiates registration for the upcoming school year. Parents/guardians of prospective students are invited to attend or make an appointment to visit the school at another time.
- The application form is not available until Open House and is collected, dated, and time according to when they are completed and returned to the school office.
Parents/Guardians complete the application form and return it to the school office with the following information:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate, if the child has been baptized.
- A copy of the child’s social security card.
- Up to date immunization records.
- Registration fee and Financial Commitment Contract requested from the school office (registration fees are non-refundable).
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card and standardized testing if the child is going into first grade or beyond.
- A copy of the child’s preschool report if the child is coming from a preschool.
- In the case of a divorced family, it is necessary that verification of the custody arrangements be on file.
Tuition and Fees
The tuition schedule for St. Margaret of Scotland is reviewed each year by the Pastor, Principal, and School Board.
2019-20 Tuition Schedule
Registration fees are $300 for 1 child, $500 for 2 children, and $700 for 3+ children.
Parishioner Tuition Schedule
One Child: $5,573
Two Children: $8,482
Three Children: $9,988
Four+ Children: $11,271
Non-Parishioner Tuition Schedule
One Child: $5,944
Two Children: $9,506
Three Children: $11,263
Four+ Children: $12,364
Preschool Tuition Schedule
One Child: $6,178
Two Children: $8,881
Three Children: $10,298
Materials Supply Fee
$30 per child, paid at the beginning of the year
Dragon Raffle Fundraiser
St. Margaret of Scotland School requires each school family to sell $100 of designated school raffle tickets or pay that amount toward the school’s operating budget in addition to regular tuition, due in May of each school year.
Tuition assistance is available to all families in need with children in kindergarten through 8th grade. It is our hope that no family desiring a St. Margaret of Scotland education for their child will find our tuition unaffordable.
One application is used for all scholarships funded by the Catholic Education Office, the Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri, and the Today and Tomorrow Educational Foundation. Jointly these scholarships are available to all school families – Catholic and Non-Catholic – of low and moderate incomes. Please visit their website for more information.
St. Margaret of Scotland Parish and School are committed to promoting economic and racial diversity. The Mandeville Multicultural Fund has been established to provide assistance to minority families who are not Catholic, who live in the city and who desire an education at St. Margaret of Scotland School. The scholarship fund is maintained by contributions from parish and school families.
Have a question or comment about the St. Margaret of Scotland school community? We’d love to hear from you!