St. Margaret of Scotland has an open position for a Coordinator of Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity.
Seeking a competent, skilled, and passionate leader and educator to coordinate our school-wide equity and inclusion efforts. This is a part-time, flexible, 20-hour-a-week position, with full benefits.
St. Margaret of Scotland is a diverse, urban, vibrant, and inclusive Catholic community. At St. Margaret of Scotland School, we provide a challenging learning environment for children, prekindergarten through eighth grade, in which they realize their academic potential and giftedness in body, mind, and spirit. We recognize that diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives are fundamental to academic excellence and preparation for life in society. We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to building a foundation of respect, collaboration, equity, inclusion, and justice for our students, faculty, staff, and community. We strive to partner with our students and families in promoting freedom from oppression for all through thoughts, words, and actions.
The candidate we are looking for will have:
- A passion for and personal commitment to empowering students and educators toward developing a school community that is actively addressing oppression and inequity, both internally and externally;
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Experience in facilitating and leading equity education for adults;
- Experience in the field of advocacy and inclusion;
- Experience in the field of education, preferably Elementary;
- The ability to think about and support the needs of multiple constituencies;
- The ability to set priorities among the many possible ways of addressing issues related to diversity, inclusion, and equity; and,
- A degree in a relevant field or equivalent real-world experience.
Specific job duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Teaching Middle School AntiBias AntiRacism (ABAR) classes;
- Teaching lessons on diversity in PK-5th grade classrooms;
- Supporting the work of the PTA Inclusion and Diversity Committee by organizing diversity programming (e.g. Black Poetry Day, Hanukkah presentations, etc.);
- Supporting teachers with ideas and resources to identify opportunities for more diversity in classroom curriculum;
- Providing professional development for teachers in regards to inclusion and diversity; and,
- Facilitating conversations with parents about equity and justice in society, the school, and their homes.
Even if you aren’t sure if you fit what we are looking for, please still consider applying! You might be just what our school needs.
If interested or you wish to discuss further, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to the School Principal, Christine Burke, at email@example.com.