The third weekend in October, we will honor World Mission Sunday. You will find donation envelopes to contribute in the pews at each Mass.
Embrace the missionary work of the Church with “Hearts on Fire, Feet on the Move” this World Mission Sunday, October 22nd!
On World Mission Sunday, we are reminded of the universal call of our Baptism to be Christ’s witnesses to the world. As we gather at Mass, our prayers, sacrifices, and offerings to the Society for the Propagation of the Faith support the Church’s missions, enabling:
- Over 844,000 catechists to share the faith
- 258,540 Religious Sisters to tend to families and children
- 38,140 seminarians to journey towards the priesthood
- Education for 26 million children
- Medical assistance in 12,000 clinics
- Comfort in 8,750 homes for the orphaned and elderly
As we pray and respond on World Mission Sunday here at home, we share in those celebrations taking place in every parish throughout the world. Together, through our prayers, sacrifices and financial support, we support the life-giving presence of the Church in more than 1,100 mission dioceses. Learn more at www.archstl.org/WMS.