St. Margaret of Scotland is seeking:
Full-Time – Assistant Principal
St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic School is accepting applications for the Assistant Principal position for the 2024-2025 school year. A knowledgeable and enthusiastic Assistant Principal is needed for a diverse, urban, vibrant, and inclusive Catholic Community. Candidates should be practicing Catholics willing to help build St. Margaret of Scotland as a community of Faith. The candidate should possess a degree in Elementary Education with an advanced degree or additional administrative experience preferred, but not required. Candidate must be organized, collaborative, flexible, and have excellent communication skills. The Assistant Principal position is a full-time administrative position. The Assistant Principal will be an integral member of the leadership team at St. Margaret of Scotland and will work to ensure that we achieve the mission of St. Margaret of Scotland – to create a Catholic urban school in the faith tradition of Catholic Social Teachings and the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Candidates should have the following credentials:
- An active member of the Catholic Church.
- Experience working in a Parish Catholic School.
- At least three years of teacher experience.
- A zeal for the mission of Catholic education.
- A knowledge of, or willingness to learn about diversity, inclusivity, and equity initiatives.
- A commitment to educational best practices.
- Experience in Administration is preferred but optional.
- Experience in any of the following considered a plus: Reading Intervention, Special Education, Faculty Formation, FACTS management, Science of Reading, Orton Gillingham, Curriculum Experience, and Data-Collection.
St. Margaret of Scotland Assistant Principal Profile:
- Meets weekly with principal and leadership team.
- Has leadership and contact priority over certain grades in the school.
- Shares Curriculum oversight with the Principal.
- Share staff Development and Evaluation with the Principal.
- Helps create the schedule.
- Handles the day-to-day needs of teachers and students.
- Is responsible for behavior management of students.
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to Patrick Holley at firstname.lastname@example.org.